Coffee Talk 3.24.22
Hey, hey friends!! It’s coffee talk time. I hope you’re doing well. I’m honestly pretty proud of myself that it’s only been like two months since my last coffee talk – I think that’s a record. Let’s go!
Life has busy – but in a good way. A lot has happened in two months, personal growth, grieving, business decisions, work, and home issues. Life keeps on moving. I have a lot I could say about grieving, but I think I’ll leave that for another time. I will say, I started going to “Hope Group” three weeks ago. It’s a weekly group for people who have lost someone they love. I’m in a sub-group for pregnancy and infant loss. It’s been really helpful to be around others who are hurting and struggling. I know now more than ever before, Satan wants us to feel alone. We are certainly not. I am grateful for the community and friendships that have grown in my hardship. One of our HVAC systems is having a time…ehhh. So, we’re having to get a new one. I tell my family, when you come over, take a nice look at the HVAC system!! Haha! You know you’re an adult when you’re excited your HVAC and windows are getting fixed. Emotionally, I’m doing better! If you’re someone that’s struggling, I hope this is encouraging to you. You can do this. You can make it through today. Don’t worry about tomorrow. Focus on the moment you’re in right now.
Work is really…FUN!! I am seriously overjoyed with my work right now. It’s been a long time coming in some aspects. My work has really changed over the last two years. I was a senior photographer and working full time at GF (as their photog, graphic designer, and marketer). Then, the pandemic changed everything… and then, I had a baby and that changed everything. For the first time in a bit, I feel like I’m in my groove. Man, it feels so stinking good. I am beyond excited for Glamour Farm’s new podcast coming out April 5. It feels like a dream come true (seriously a dream I’ve had for the last 5 years!), and I am SOOOOOO excited. It has been so fulfilling to have meaningful conversations. Y’all, I’m pumped.
I’ve had a lot of low moments in the last few months, but my faith is what has kept me calm, finding peace, and feeling joy. He is still good. If you’re questioning why God allows suffering, let me share this sermon with you. It literally helped me SO much, and I hope it will do the same for you. LINK FOR SERMON I’m still reading through the Bible in a year…I’m a few days behind. However, I know my goal isn’t to finish quickly in a year. I am focusing on the Word – and not rushing. It’s okay if I don’t finish on time. P.S. You can start this too!! You don’t have to start on January 1.
So, these last two months have been a struggle. I’ve worked out 5-6 days consistently, but I’m not seeing a ton of results. I’m really trying to remember that getting back to pre-pregnancy shape isn’t something that happens overnight, and I need to celebrate being a healthy.
Things I’m Loving:
- Hayden and I are going through all of the Marvel movies in release order. I highly recommend!! We’re loving it.
- I’m loving flavored sparkling water. Although, I just heard this week it’s not that good for you…I don’t know. It’s better than coffee so considering that a win!
- The warm weather is glorious, and we are spending so much time outside. I LOVE IT. Outdoor stroller runs are magical.
- I’m reading Cultivate by Lara Casey, and it’s so good. I’m a fast reader…but I don’t read often…so it’s taking me a bit.
- I just got this GIANT cup from Amazon (2 pack!), and it’s seriously amazing. You can get two for the price of one Stanley cup, and it works wonderfully. Let’s be honest, most of us don’t need ice to stay frozen for 48+ hours. This keeps my water cold, and it has a handle. LINK