Coffee Talk 9.20.22
Y’all it has been a HOT minute since a coffee talk. This past summer has been so fun, and we have enjoyed a lot of family time. August came and our family started getting busy. I blinked, and it’s almost October! Let’s dig into another coffee talk – you know, like as if we were sitting across the table with each other at a coffee shop. Let’s go!
Life has been busy to say the least. We’ve traveled a lot the last two and a half months. I’m not going to lie – I really like it! I love seeing new places and having something to look forward to, but I will say I’m ready to slow down. While it’s been really fun to be in Branson, Nashville, plan a gender reveal, drive to Louisiana, and be in our sister’s wedding (loved all of these occasions). There is something about a still Saturday morning that my heart is looking forward to. Pregnancy wise, I am 19.5 weeks – YAY!! We are so close to half way which is literally INSANE!!!! Pregnancy after loss is different. I never want to sugarcoat things on here. We are INSANELY overjoyed for this absolutely wonderful and sweet life. However, I’d be lying if I said I’m good all the time. Fear is something I’m tackling, but I feel like I’m in a much better place. I don’t want to live my life in fear – that’s no way to enjoy our time and blessings here!!
We’re about to get into busy season over at Glamour Farms Boutique with Black Saturday and Cyber Weekend coming into view! I am also super swamped with work as I prep for Glamour Farms The Podcast Season 2! Season 1 was a hit – we debuted in the top 100 Christian Podcasts on Apple, and we’ve had over 25,000 downloads. I am so excited for more fun and meaningful conversations!! I have a fun personal business idea in the hopper, but we’ll see! I am really trying to take things slow right now, and I don’t want to overwork myself with a little baby on the way!
I am still reading my Bible “in a year”… actually several days…err month behind, but that’s okay! I’m still going, and I am not rushing it. I am so proud that I’ve actually kept to reading it even though I am so far behind. Hayden and I are enjoying serving in our middle school ministry at church. Middle schoolers are the best – seriously. I love it so much, and I enjoy chatting with “my girls” every Sunday!
My fitness is not the best. I have been doing some HIIT Youtube prenatal videos, and they are so much fun! My favorites are by “Body Fit by Amy” she is very good, clear video, and easy to understand. I am typically a runner, but I started feeling really dizzy in my first trimester after running just about any distance so I’ve stopped running for now.
Things I’m Loving:
- The book, Digital Minimalism by Cal Newport. I’m almost done, and it’s very intriguing!
- Since it’s fall, I am watching Halloween baking shows nonstop. My favorite is Halloween Baking Championship on Food Network. I just stream them on the FN app.
- Stove top popcorn is my favorite afternoon snack. This is the BEST popcorn salt ever – TRY IT.
- Fall weather is coming in this week, and I am over the moon excited! We have a small bonfire night planned, and I’m so excited to bust out the sweaters!!!
- If you like pumpkin and coffee, but you’re not obsessed with PSL try this: a grande vanilla latte with 2 pumps of pumpkin (for a venti ask for 3 pumps). It is AMAZING and *just* the right amount of pumpkin.